Sunday, April 4, 2021

1640; A Quest for the 'Spirit'

Bismillah.

This year, it's a bit different. 

On previous years, by this time I might have already set my Ramadhan goals, started my new routine early before Ramadhan and learn more on what this month is all about. Just the thought of Ramadhan makes me excited- the tarawihs, spending time to just read al-Quran, the iftar plans... all of those. Wasn't it has been an exciting month all along? 

This year, it's a bit different. I'm pretty much lost as to where to go right now. Ramadhan's just a few days ahead... and now what? I'm still at my lagha songs on Spotify, my Runningmans and Masterchef Canadas on my free time and my sleeps even when I'm not that tired. It doesn't sit right to me that I'm always doing that now but the urge to change is pretty low this time. 

I feel like it's gonna be pretty hard this year. My Ramadhan soul... or as B calls it, 'spirit', is nowhere to be found now. It might not come naturally this year, I might have to fake it till the end, I don't know and I hope not.

-Ramadhan T-9, KL.


No comments: