Bismillah.
Last three weeks, I was very very (plus another very) sick that I could not go to almost all classes that week. I swear few minutes before I got sick, I was happily video calling Erna and Hadina, but the moment I ended the call, my whole life immediately changed. It all started with a trip to the toilet and then the trips felt like it's never ending. My nights were sleepless as I kept waking up at every hour interval, and I had to roll myself to fall from the bed to have another trip to the toilet just because sitting is pain, standing is pain and walking is pain.
I felt so bad for making Ibu and Ayah felt so worried about me because every time I call them, I cried like there's no tomorrow. I don't want to though, but I really can't help it coz I have no one else to talk to about this problem.
On the second day of being sick, I decided to consult a doctor coz I felt like the pain's never gonna end if I don't search for the cure. Seriously tho, I really just wanted to consult with the doctor only through the phone (they offer on-the-phone doctor's consultation) coz I still can't walk properly but the line's always busy. So at friggin 8am, I had to use all my might to walk and find my own way to the uni medical centre (UMC). It was my first time going there so I studied the uni map to find the shortest way for me to walk there, only to find out that I missed the shortcut and therefore had to walk the long way to UMC.
When I arrived there, I asked the receptionist to make an appointment with the doctor for me only to hear her saying 'You're next on the list. The doctor will ring you in a minute'. Yall..... I almost died walking from home till here..... and you're saying the doctor's gonna call me..... I mean what's the point..... of me..... nvm
So yeah, I consulted with (called) the doctor OUTSIDE the clinic. Yall my whole life iz funneh /cries blood/
On the fourth day, I walked to the clinic again (I found the shortcut tho) coz the pain didn't feel any better and I tried going to class too. I can only handle one class but then nahhh, I better be in my bed rather than having to cold sweat in front of these many people. The next day, everything felt so much better and I was so happy coz I can slowly sit, stand and walk more properly compared to the days before. If you're curious, I was diagnosed with gastroenteritis (which was surprisingly a common disease) and it has no medicine so I had to wait almost a week for the pain to subside itself naturally.
All in all, I really felt like my level of indepedency already went through the roof. I had to find my own way to the clinic coz I know the clinic isn't gonna come to me. When I had no one to feed me food, I had to go out and buy them myself coz starving's just gonna make it worse. When I have no might to get up, I had to help myself by holding on to things before my wobbly feet could adjust to my weight. When I cried in pain alone in the room, I had to calm myself down coz things aren't just gonna settle by crying. This might be lil bit awkward but I really wanna thank myself for taking good care of myself.
p/s: As much as I'm highlighting my independency (lol) in this post, I must not forget those people who took good care of me (even from afar) during my lowest point. Thank you Ibu and Ayah for your concern & advice, sorry for causing too much worries. Thank you Hadina and Erna for always checking on my health every single day. Thank you Amna for the salmon porridge, it was awesome. Thank you Nibras for the visit and the 'minyak panas' offer. Thank you Pik Ching for the class notes. Thank you George for noticing that I wasn't feeling well. I love all of you lots, I might couldn't even survive without all of your kind words and deeds. May Allah repay all of you with more than what you've done.
2023
291017 (First day of daylight saving)
CT2 7UY
Last three weeks, I was very very (plus another very) sick that I could not go to almost all classes that week. I swear few minutes before I got sick, I was happily video calling Erna and Hadina, but the moment I ended the call, my whole life immediately changed. It all started with a trip to the toilet and then the trips felt like it's never ending. My nights were sleepless as I kept waking up at every hour interval, and I had to roll myself to fall from the bed to have another trip to the toilet just because sitting is pain, standing is pain and walking is pain.
I felt so bad for making Ibu and Ayah felt so worried about me because every time I call them, I cried like there's no tomorrow. I don't want to though, but I really can't help it coz I have no one else to talk to about this problem.
On the second day of being sick, I decided to consult a doctor coz I felt like the pain's never gonna end if I don't search for the cure. Seriously tho, I really just wanted to consult with the doctor only through the phone (they offer on-the-phone doctor's consultation) coz I still can't walk properly but the line's always busy. So at friggin 8am, I had to use all my might to walk and find my own way to the uni medical centre (UMC). It was my first time going there so I studied the uni map to find the shortest way for me to walk there, only to find out that I missed the shortcut and therefore had to walk the long way to UMC.
When I arrived there, I asked the receptionist to make an appointment with the doctor for me only to hear her saying 'You're next on the list. The doctor will ring you in a minute'. Yall..... I almost died walking from home till here..... and you're saying the doctor's gonna call me..... I mean what's the point..... of me..... nvm
So yeah, I consulted with (called) the doctor OUTSIDE the clinic. Yall my whole life iz funneh /cries blood/
On the fourth day, I walked to the clinic again (I found the shortcut tho) coz the pain didn't feel any better and I tried going to class too. I can only handle one class but then nahhh, I better be in my bed rather than having to cold sweat in front of these many people. The next day, everything felt so much better and I was so happy coz I can slowly sit, stand and walk more properly compared to the days before. If you're curious, I was diagnosed with gastroenteritis (which was surprisingly a common disease) and it has no medicine so I had to wait almost a week for the pain to subside itself naturally.
All in all, I really felt like my level of indepedency already went through the roof. I had to find my own way to the clinic coz I know the clinic isn't gonna come to me. When I had no one to feed me food, I had to go out and buy them myself coz starving's just gonna make it worse. When I have no might to get up, I had to help myself by holding on to things before my wobbly feet could adjust to my weight. When I cried in pain alone in the room, I had to calm myself down coz things aren't just gonna settle by crying. This might be lil bit awkward but I really wanna thank myself for taking good care of myself.
p/s: As much as I'm highlighting my independency (lol) in this post, I must not forget those people who took good care of me (even from afar) during my lowest point. Thank you Ibu and Ayah for your concern & advice, sorry for causing too much worries. Thank you Hadina and Erna for always checking on my health every single day. Thank you Amna for the salmon porridge, it was awesome. Thank you Nibras for the visit and the 'minyak panas' offer. Thank you Pik Ching for the class notes. Thank you George for noticing that I wasn't feeling well. I love all of you lots, I might couldn't even survive without all of your kind words and deeds. May Allah repay all of you with more than what you've done.
2023
291017 (First day of daylight saving)
CT2 7UY
No comments:
Post a Comment